Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Blue Waffle Myth | Sex Disease

To contact us Click HERE

Educator for the health of women in the institution of adolescent health program tub, I get a lot of what I like to call the "Guinness Book of World record" comments or stories shared, and that means stories are so far out that it is likely to make this book the record, if, in fact properly. These stories usually goes along the lines ", a cousin of her sister and knows this girl that got pregnant with triplets after sitting in the hot tub and all the parents, children and men different, which was in the hot tub. Could happen to me?"


Perhaps, I was a little overconfident when asked about the first "blue waffle disease", assuming that he was so far to dispel another myth. However, in the question came from a teacher at the School of Health East. During his visit, the unity of sex and education, he kept hearing the questions about this "disease" and had no idea what they were asking.


Login Experts Women's Health Foundation.


Never having heard of the disease (although, I did not know "nonsense" is slang for vagina), and I asked my students to tell me what they know from the respondents that diseases transmitted through sexual contact that "Waffles blue."


Can only be passed from female to male
Can develop in females after the "not washing her vagina" enough


Has peaked my attention and I am frightened by the severe lack of both knowledge ("We did not learn that the vagina our oven self-cleaning on the first day of class?" I said to myself), as well as interpretation misogynistic incredibly "STD" is being convertible only by women. , Please.


Therefore, where the heck are these children learning blue waffle? I googled all the students and describe the image they saw on the Internet even, to find out more, it is. I can not image that came out, but if you are interested, and very comfortable with graphic images, google it. But do not say that I did not warn you.


Here's what happens: After googling blue pancakes disease that you will not land on the site a trusted medical, such as the Mayo Clinic or WebMD. You'll be flooded with random addresses with no reliable medical or health care affiliations, and just a very basic Web page, blog, or to the community board. Basically, a site must have a big 'ol "Do not believe everything you read!" Declaration of a flashing banner. In fact, all of the sites to devote more of this myth with definitions such as:


"It's basically a slang term for a vaginal infection so bad or severe / sexually transmitted diseases in the vagina. Infection can cause lesions on the outside of the vagina, as well as bruising, which causes the blue color to appear."


Ugh.


I think it should be somewhere where I could find anything from a medically-based, (anyone? Bueller?) Decided to research a little further. Nothing. Nada. I could not find anything there on the net that was correct, a medical source to explain what the heck "blue pie" was or was not. Even Favorites: Go Ask Alice, site service health at Columbia University, a great resource where a team of health care professionals to answer any questions you can imagine on sex, drugs, and even rock 'n' roll!


I took it on myself to expose this disease, called Dr. Amy Whitaker, an assistant professor of obstetrics / gynecology at the University Hospital of Chicago. Here is what she wrote:


"There is no disease known as the" blue disease nonsense ", in the world of medicine. There is no disease that leads to the appearance of blue color on the external genitalia. I had not heard of this until I wrote in our department ... and asked about it. And belief among medical professionals who spoke or e-mailed about this is that it is a hoax, and pictures and "fake" disease used to attract people to some site on the Internet.


The image itself is disturbing. It does not seem to have some "photoshopping 'effects in the color blue to live on some versions that I've seen. It is also possible that the appearance of bluish to the external genitalia can be bruising, which can result from force, and probably of sexual assault. Not I can say, obviously, if this is the case here, but the bruises will certainly not be bright blue. not by contacting the external cause bruising. In addition, there seems to be one or two lesions, which can be transmitted diseases sexually-type (for example, a scourge of herpes), although it is certainly not clear from the image. It seems so that there might be some kind of tear in the labia right, and "cut" of some kind, but again it is not clear . and can also be a strength, or it could be an STD that presents with a lesion in the vagina.


On the other hand, the whole thing can be 'photoshopped ", and not in that they represent anything" real. "


In any case, this is not the typical appearance of any sexually transmitted diseases or any condition of the vagina or vulva. There are no sexually transmitted diseases that go only from women to men. (Now really, how women can get it?)


These statements are just too noisy. Make open and misogyny to blame the women because they are an STD me sick ... Especially in light of the fact that I was thinking that some of the appearance can be sexual assault. "


I'll give you a minute to let all that soak in it. Incredible, is not it?


So, I may be jumping the gun here, but I think that this is an excellent example of how we as a society take pleasure in the hologram and demean women. Meaning, according to the teenagers, "Blue waffle disease" is the result of (pardon my French) is very sexual, "slut", who has no respect for themselves or others. By googling this, your comment will be flooded to hatred, vile, and malicious against women - and it is supposed to be funny.


It's not funny. This is scary.
Sex Disease | Blue waffles Disease


Therefore, I have a call to action for each one of you out there (please say it's more than 3 readers, please!). Get the word out. As a defender of women's health, it is my duty to address this myth and say, that the strike, shouting the truth.

Other Search : blue waffle infection, blue waffle vagina, blue waffles, blue waffles disease, blue waffles disease images, blue waffles disease in men, blue waffles disease pics, blue waffles disease pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment